Board of Trustees Agenda - July 28, 2014
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, July 28, 2014, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administration Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
- Open meeting with prayer.
- Consider public comments.
- Information and news items.
- President’s Report.
a. TACC Meeting
b. Summer Enrollment
c. Summer Graduation – August 15th 6:30 p.m.
d. Next TVCC Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting – August 25.
- Consider minutes of the June 23, 2014 meeting.
- Consider business, financial, and investment reports for June 2014.
- Discuss the FY14-15 Budget process and consider setting a date for the FY14-15 Budget Workshop and dates for the tax rate hearings.
- Consider approval of the FY2014-15 College Catalog.
- Consider and discuss purchase of vehicles.
- Consider and discuss awarding copier lease.
- Consider and discuss 2014 ACCT Conference, October 22-25, Chicago.
July 28, 2014
12. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with
Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
13. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Christina Merrida, Coaching Assistant, Softball
b. New Hires:
(1) Sylvia Clay, P/T Enrollment Coordinator, TDCJ
(2) Daniel (Cade) Allen, History Professor
(3) Timothy Samples, Marching Band Director
(4) Tracy Irby, SBDC Counselor
(5) Amanda Weaver, Reading, Writing/Dev. Studies Professor
c. Consider and discuss any changes in reclassification/adjustments/
promotions pertaining to staff.
d. Others as necessary
(1) Annual evaluation of the president
(2) Attorney consultation - administrative contracts
(3) Sale of college land