Board of Trustees Agenda - September 22, 2014
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, September 22, 2014, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report
- Fall Enrollment
- ACCT conference
- Upcoming activities
- Next scheduled Board meeting – October 27
6. Consider minutes of the August 25, 2014 Board meeting and the September 8, 2014 tax rate hearing.
7. Consider business, financial and investment reports for August 2014.
8. Consider setting the tax rate for the college’s regular and maintenance districts.
9. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with
Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
September 22, 2014
10. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters discussed in closed session:
(1) Hannah Buchanan, Student Financial Aid Specialist
(2) Rodney Garrett, Building Services Technician
(3) Tony Buford, Shipping, Receiving & Transportation
(4) Annette Brown, Instructional Assistant to the Director of
Adult Education, ESL & EL Civics
b. New Hires:
(1) Maricela Chavez, Instructor, Surgical Technology
(2) LaToya Howell, Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
(1) Heather Young, Assistant to Registrar to Student
Financial Aid Specialist (PELL)
d. Other personnel issues
- Land offers or acquisitions
11. Consider and discuss approval of non-participation of employees in the State Employee Charitable Contribution Program CDDA (LOCAL) policy.
12. Consider and discuss approving TASB (LOCAL) policy updates.
13. Consider and discuss the Forney ISD annexation Memorandum of Understanding.
14. Consider and discuss Bank Depository Contract Extensions.