Board of Trustees Agenda - June 23, 2014
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 23, 2014, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
Open meeting with prayer.
- Consider public comments.
- Information and news items.
- President’s Report.
a. Summer Enrollment
b. College National Finals Rodeo Results
c. Next TVCC Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting - July 28
- Consider minutes of the April 28, 2014 meeting.
- Consider business, financial, and investment reports for April and May 2014.
- Consider and discuss an Enterprise Resource Planning system for the college.
- Consider and discuss renewal of Athletic Insurance.
- Consider and discuss approving the 2014 Summer/Fall Community Services/Continuing Education Schedule and associated tuition and fees.
- Consider and discuss approving a default management contract.
- Consider and discuss elevator and lift service contract.
- Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074 to consider certain personnel matters.
June 23, 2014
- Consider, discuss and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Sherri Benthall, Videoconference Support Specialist
(2) Trent Wolf, Men’s Basketball Coaching Assistant
(3) Peter Davis, SBDC Counselor
(4) William Enger, History Professor
(5) Ella Faye Carlile, Dev. Reading/English/Nutrition Professor
(6) Byron McGilvray, Director of Choral Music
b. New Hires:
(1) Diane Waggoner, Student Financial Aid Specialist/Loan
(2) Ashley Noell, Tutor Coordinator Terrell
(3) September Kirk, Studio Art Professor
(4) Kristin Huggins, Vocal Instructor
(5) Matthew Edmonds, Campus Police Officer
- Linda Daniel, Director of Guidance Services, to Director of
Student Completion/Assistant Registrar
- Michael Matchael, Marching Band Director, to Director of
- John Day, Microcomputer LAN Analyst, Athens to Palestine
- Gayle Martin, Guidance Associate II, to Art Professor
- Kelly Driskell, Division Chair Fine Arts/Speech, add:
Director of Quality Enhancement Planning
d. Other as necessary:
(1) Renewal of FY 2014-2015 faculty contracts
(2) Renewal of FY 2014-2015 administrative contracts
(3) Contract language
(4) Discussion of annual evaluation of the president
e. Land/Building possibility.