Board of Trustees Agenda - April 28, 2014
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, April 28, 2014, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administration Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Public Information report.
4. President’s Report:
a. Recognition of women’s basketball team
b. TVCC Spring Commencement - May 8 - 6:30 & May 9 - 5:00 & 8:00
c. Next TVCC Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting – June 23
5. Consider minutes of the February 24, 2014 regular Board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for February and March 2014.
7. Action to cancel the Board of Trustees election in Districts 1, 2, and 3 as no other candidates applied for election.
8. Consider and discuss additional Welding Instructor.
9. Consider and discuss additional Financial Aid Officer.
10. Consider and discuss approval for extension of the Cain Center MOU.
11. Consider and discuss awarding of the food services contract.
12. Consider and discuss Room and Board rates for 2014-2015.
13. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
a. Retirements/Resignations/Reductions in Force
(1) Lola King, English Professor
(2) Deborah Crawford, Biology Professor
(3) Wendi Johnson, Campus Police Officer
(4) Eric Moseley, Speech/Music Professor
b. New Hires:
(1) Jesse Saxon, Campus Police Officer
(2) Mary VanCleve, Biology Professor
(3) Alex Mullins, Senior Research Analyst
(4) Katie McElroy, Administrative Assistant, Director of
Strategic Planning, Effectiveness & Accreditation
(1) Shelia Goldman, Executive Assistant I - Assist. VP for
Institutional Planning, Research & Effectiveness - to
Executive Assistant I for Provost at HSC Kaufman
(2) Martin Anderton, Microcomputer/LAN Analyst, Palestine - to Business Computer Information Technology Instructor,
(3) Christine Fisher, Tutor Coordinator – to English/
Developmental Reading & Writing Professor, Terrell
d. Other personnel issues
(1) Assistant Director/Women’s Sports Programs Administrator
(2) Early Retirement Incentive Options
14. Consider any necessary action on items discussed in closed session.