Board of Trustees Agenda - January 27, 2014
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, January 27, 2014, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administration Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report.
- International Student - Ogulnazik Orazgeldiyeva
- Spring enrollment
- Report from Director of Distance Learning – Renda Garner
- TACC Revenue Report
- TVCC Rodeo – February 7 – 8
- TVCC - Palestine Campus Review
- February Board meeting – February 24th
4. Consider minutes of the December 2, 2013 special meeting.
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for November and December 2013.
6. Consider and discuss approval of firm to perform the 2013-2014 Audit.
8. Consider and discuss change to policy FMA (LOCAL) Student discipline process.
9. Consider and discuss any facility issues.
10. Consider issuing an “Order of Election” for May 10, 2014 for the election of a board member for District 1, District 2, and District 3 with each to serve a 6-year term.
11. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
a. Retirements/Resignations/Reductions in Force
(1) Linda June Walton, Business Computer Information
b. New Hires:
(1) Michael Johnson, Campus Police Officer
(2) Rebecca Goodman, Cardinal Success Center Specialist
(3) Amanda Richardson, Bookstore Clerk, Palestine
(4) Jennifer Marshall-Booth, Graphic & Print Design
(5) Misty Watts, Campus Police Officer
(6) Wendi Johnson, Campus Police Officer
(1) Stewart Newby, Campus Police Officer to Director of
Campus Police & Public Safety
(2) Tina Rummel, Director of Institutional Research to
Director of Strategic Planning, Effectiveness and
(3) Russell Self, Math Professor/Developmental Math
Coordinator/Honors Program Director to Division
Chairperson – Developmental Studies/Math Professor
d. Other personnel issues
(1) Update on Damuth vs. TVCC
(2) Salary corrections:
i. JoAnn Johnson, Community Services Adm. Asst.
ii. Bonnie Dill, Community Services Coordinator
(4) Information Technology Department
12. Consider any action on personnel actions discussed in closed session.