Board of Trustees Agenda - July 22, 2013
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, July 22, 2013, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
- Open meeting with prayer.
- Consider public comments.
- Information and news items.
- President’s Report.
b. Summer Enrollment
c. Summer Graduation – August 16th 7:00 p.m.
d. Future Board meetings – August 26th.
- Consider minutes of the June 24, 2013 meeting.
- Consider business, financial, and investment reports for June 2013.
- Discuss the FY13-14 Budget process and consider setting a date for the FY13-14 Budget Workshop and dates for the tax rate hearings.
- Consider approval of the FY2013-14 College Catalog.
- Consider and discuss approval of a new program, Digital Photography Certificate.
- Discuss and consider purchase of new scoreboards/shot clocks for gym.
- Consider and discuss facility issues:
a. Update on facility matters.
13. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Rebecca Goodman – LRC Technical Assistant
b. New Hires:
(1) Jermial Ashley, Coaching Assistant, Football
(2) Sarah Cadungug, Cardette Choreographer/Recruiter
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification/adjustments/promotions pertaining to staff.
(1) Harold Jones – Reclassified – Director of Housing/Judicial Officer
(2) Melodie Wong – Reclassified - A D N Instructor/Simulation Coordinator – Part-time with benefits to Full-time
(3) Brad Burnett – Reclassified – Microcomputer LAN/Analyst to HR Generalist
d. Others as necessary
(1) Annual evaluation of the president
14. Consider and accept resignation of Trustee Jack Endres.
15. Discuss and consider replacement process for vacant Board position created by resignation of Trustee Jack Endres.