Board of Trustees Agenda - July 23, 2012
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, July 23, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
Open meeting with prayer.
- Consider public comments.
- Hold public hearing on redistricting and consider and discuss redistricting matters.
- Information and news items.
- President’s Report.
a. TACC Meeting
b. Summer Enrollment
c. Summer Graduation – August 17th 7:00 p.m.
d. Future Board meetings
- Consider minutes of the June 25, 2012 meeting.
- Consider business, financial, and investment reports for June 2012.
- Discuss the FY12-13 Budget process and consider setting a date for the FY12-13 Budget Workshop and dates for the tax rate hearings.
- Consider approval of the FY2012-13 College Catalog.
- Consider approval of the Fall 2012 Continuing and Adult Education Schedule of Classes and associated tuition and fees.
- Discuss and consider Athletic Insurance and Catastrophic Insurance.
- Discuss and consider update to EE (LOCAL) Development of Core Curriculum.
- Discuss and consider request from the Cardettes to travel to England in the Spring.
- Discuss and consider workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
- Discuss and consider update to DEA (LOCAL) Compensation and Benefits Salaries.
- Consider and discuss facility issues:
- Refinishing and painting of Cardinal Gym floor.
- Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
Consider certain personnel matters:
(1) Dale Cates, Science Professor, Athens
(2) Dorothy Houston, Student Services Specialist, Athens
(3) Amy Lunceford, Executive Assistant I, Athens
(4) Jesse James, Biology Professor, Athens/Palestine
(5) Beau White, Welding Instructor, TDCJ
(6) Jeremy McMillen, Associate VP of Academic Affairs
(7) Sarah Barnett, Student Financial Aid Specialist - Pell
b. New Hires:
(1) Brandon Barnes, English Professor, Athens
(2) Lauren Nelson, Financial Aid Associate I, Terrell
(3) Christopher VanNostrand, English/Developmental Studies Professor, Athens
(4) Noelle Depperschmidt, Government Professor, Athens
(5) Vickie Geisel, Psychology Professor, Athens
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification/adjustments/
promotions pertaining to staff.
(1) Building Services Technician
(2) Sports Information Officer
d. Others as necessary
e. Land or lease issues