Board of Trustees Agenda - June 25, 2012
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
Open meeting with prayer.
- Consider public comments.
- Information and news items.
- President’s Report.
a. Summer Enrollment
- Consider minutes of the April 23, 2012 meeting.
- Consider business, financial, and investment reports for April and May 2012. Update on Ad Valorem Taxes – Delinquent Write-offs.
- Consider and discuss Terrell Oddfellows Tax Exemption.
- Consider and discuss request from Hunt County Appraisal District.
- Consider and discuss revision to FBB (LOCAL) tuition waivers.
- Consider and discuss renewal of Athletic Insurance.
- Consider and discuss approving TASB Legal Policies Update 27.
- Consider and discuss tax abatement request from the City of Terrell.
- Consider and discuss approving the “College for All” Memorandum of Understanding with the Athens Independent School District.
- Consider and discuss redistricting proposal.
- Discuss emergency acquisition and installation of air conditioning in South Hall.
15. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074:
(1) Courtney Simmons, Assistant Women’s BB Coach, Athens
(2) Jeremy Bonin, Coaching Assistant Women’s BB, Athens
(3) Joyce Williams, Custodian, Athens
(4) JoNell Brown, Custodian, Athens
(5) Eddie Keith Brown, Custodian, Athens
(6) Pat Smith, AD, Head Men’s Basketball Coach, Athens
(7) Andre Bell, Coaching Assistant, Men’s BB, Athens
(8) John Floyd, Campus Police Officer, Athens
(9) Colleen Mays, Director of Grants and Special Projects
(10) Brandon Stephenson, Coaching Assistant, Volleyball
(11) Jana Morse, Administrative Assistant, Counseling Terrell
(12) Ashley Byrd, Part-Time Campus Security Officer
b. New Hires:
(1) Robert Bernard, Electronics Instructor, TDCJ
(2) Kris Baumann, Head Men’s Basketball Coach/Associate Athletic Director, Athens
(3) Randy Hardee, Campus Police Officer, Athens
(4) Ruth Iverson, Coordinator, Skills Lab, KHSC
(5) Kirk Overmoe, Piano Professor, Athens
(6) Jay Kinzer, Vice President of Student Services
(7) Aaron Kallhoff, Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
(8) Gerald Ewing, Coaching Assistant Women’s Basketball
(9) Trent Wolf, Coaching Assistant, Men’s Basketball
(10) David Raybin, Campus Police Officer, Athens
(11) Tiffany Carrizales, Campus Police Officer, Athens
- Edward Smith, Transportation & Delivery Assistant
- Brad Smiley, Head Football Coach/Athletic Director
d. Organizational changes and reclassification of positions:
(1) Salary and classification study recommendations
e. Other as necessary
(1) Renewal of FY 2012-2013 faculty contracts
(2) Renewal of FY 2012-2013 administrative contracts
(3) Health Science Center Lease