Board of Trustees minutes for June 24, 2013
Posted: 8/27/2013 10:41:19 AM
Trinity Valley Community College
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees met in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 24, 2013 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building in Athens, with the following members present:
Mr. Ray Raymond Mr. Kenneth McGee Mr. Homer Norville
Mr. Jerry Stone Mr. Ron Day Mr. David Monk
1. Mr. Day opened the meeting with prayer.
2. There were no public comments.
3. Mrs. Mary Nicholson, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, provided an update on various TVCC activities and events. Mrs. Nicholson mentioned that a fundraiser was held that morning for the Ray Hargrove-Huttel Scholarship fund that raised approximately $3,000.
4. The following topics were discussed or reviewed in the President’s report:
President Forgey provided an update on summer enrollment.
President Forgey reported on the College National Finals Rodeo.
President Forgey discussed the ACCT meeting in Seattle.
President Forgey distributed the THECB Accountability Report.
President Forgey noted that the college had been named large business of the month for the month of May by the Athens Chamber of Commerce.
President Forgey announced that the college had once again been designated as a military friendly college.
President Forgey congratulated Dr. Jerry King, Vice President of Instruction, who won the Texas senior mixed doubles tennis championship and will be representing the state of Texas at the national tournament in Hawaii next April.
President Forgey recognized the completion and certificate of completion of new trustee training by Trustee Kenneth McGee.
President Forgey noted that the next Board meeting would be July 22nd.
6. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the minutes to the April 22, 2013 Board meeting and May 14th special meeting be approved. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Mr. McGee moved, seconded by Mr. Day, the Board approve the business, financial and investment reports for April and May 2013. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board approve the continuing education tuition and fees associated with the summer and fall 2013 schedule of classes.
9. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. Monk, the Board approve purchasing athletic and catastrophic insurance from the Baker Agency. Motion carried unanimously.
10. There was no closed session.
11. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board approve the following personnel actions:
(1) Peter Miller – Choral Professor/Accompanist
(2) Aaron Kallhoff – Assistant Women’s BB Coach
(3) Charles Hueber – Executive Director of Student Life/Judicial Officer
(4) Robert Bernard – Electronics Instructor – TDCJ
(5) Laura Thornton – Administrative Assistant, Community Services
(6) Josie Kallhoff – Housing Manager
(7) Micah Hill – Coaching Assistant - Football
(8) Gary San Miguel – Mechanical Engineering Technology/Coordinator/Professor
b. New Hires:
(1) Gary Reid – Biology Professor - Terrell
(2) Stewart Newby – Campus Police Officer
(3) Tracy Salmon – Interior Trim/Cabinet Making Instructor - TDCJ
(1) Darla Mansfield – 11 month to 12 month contract
(2) Marshall Reeves – Senior Research Analyst to Computer Science Professor
d. Other as necessary
(1) Renewal of FY 2013-2014 faculty contracts
(2) Renewal of FY 2013-2014 administrative contracts
The annual evaluation form of the president is to be distributed to all Board members and returned to Board Chairman, Ray Raymond.
13. Mr. Day moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, to adjourn the meeting at 7:58 p.m. Motion carried unanimously.