Board of Trustees Agenda, 1-23-2012
Posted: 1/22/2012 2:29:47 PM
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, January 23, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report.
TVCC Rodeo – February 10 – 11
4. Consider minutes of the November 28, 2011 meeting.
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for November and December 2011.
6. Consider and discuss approval of firm for the 2011-2012 audit.
7. Consider and discuss sending letter to regarding eminent domain to Texas Comptroller.
8. Consider and discuss any facility issues.
9. Consider and discuss local policy DC (L) – X - employment procedures.
10. Consider and approve resolution for Dr. W. P. (Rip) Drumgoole.
Trinity Valley Community College
January 23, 2012 Board Agenda
11. Consider and discuss purchase of new pickup truck.
12. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
(1) Doug Baumgartner, Custodian, Athens
(2) Janice Capelle, Choral Assistant, Athens
(3) Judy Costlow, Executive Assistant I, Associate Vice President of TDCJ Instructional Programs
(4) Nathan Davis, Custodian, Athens
(5) Jason Gardner, Plumber, Athens
(6) Karen Harris, Coordinator/Instructor, Surgical Technology, Health Science Center
(7) Linda Luce, Assistant to the Provost, Palestine
(8) Marcus Shamlin, Maintenance, Terrell
b. New Hires:
(1) Heath Cariker, Director of Campus Safety, Athens
(2) Rebecca Goodman, LRC Technical Assistant, Athens
(3) Susanna Parsons, Part-time Student Success Center Assistant
(1) Norma Sheram, Executive Assistant to the President
d. Other personnel issues
13. Discuss and consider the personnel actions discussed in closed session.