Trinity Valley Community College
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees met in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, July 22, 2013 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building in Athens, with the following members present:
Mr. Ray Raymond Mr. Kenneth McGee Mr. Homer Norville
Mr. Jerry Stone Mr. Ron Day Mr. David Monk
Mrs. Paula Kimball Dr. Charlie Risinger
1. Mr. Monk opened the meeting with prayer.
2. There were no public comments.
3. There was no public information report.
4. The following topics were discussed or reviewed in the President’s report:
President Forgey provided an update on summer enrollment.
President Forgey mentioned the freshmen orientation sessions being held this summer.
President Forgey gave an update on the status of the petition from the Westwood ISD to be annexed as a TVCC taxpaying district.
President Forgey discussed the ACCT meeting in Seattle.
President Forgey announced logistics for summer graduation.
President Forgey noted the next Board meeting would be August 26th.
6. Mr. McGee moved, seconded by Mr. Day, the minutes to the June 24, 2013 Board meeting be approved. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Mr. Norville moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, the Board approve the business, financial and investment reports for June 2013. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board approve the FY13-14 budget workshop date and dates for tax hearings. Motion carried unanimously.
9. Mrs. Kimball moved, seconded by Mr. Day the Board approve the FY13-14 College catalog. Motion carried unanimously.
10. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. McGee, the Board approve the digital photography program. Motion carried unanimously.
11. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Day, the Board approve the purchase of a new scoreboard and shot clocks for Cardinal Gym from Olen Williams, Inc. Motion carried unanimously.
12. Dr. Forgey reported that the remodeling project in the Baugh building to move the Cardinal Academic Performances Services was completed. The area is being renamed the Cardinal Success Center.
13. Mr. Norville moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball, the Board go into closed session at 8:06 p.m. in accordance with Government Codes 551.072, and 551.074. Motion carried unanimously.
14. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board return from closed session at 9:01 p.m. Motion carried unanimously.
15. Mrs. Kimball moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, the Board approve the following personnel actions:
(1) Rebecca Goodman – LRC Technical Assistant
b. New Hires:
(1) Jermial Ashley, Coaching Assistant, Football
(2) Sarah Cadungug, Cardette Choreographer/Recruiter
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification, adjustments, or promotions pertaining to staff.
(1) Harold Jones – Reclassified – Director of Housing/Judicial Officer
(2) Melodie Wong – Reclassified - A D N Instructor/Simulation Coordinator – Part-time with benefits to Full-time
(3) Brad Burnett – Reclassified – Microcomputer LAN/Analyst to HR Generalist
d. Others as necessary
(1) Annual evaluation of the president
16. Mr. McGee moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board accept the resignation of Jack Endres from the Board.
Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Day that the Board approve a resolution recognizing the service of Mr. Jack Endres on the Board. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Raymond appointed a committee consisting of Trustees Monk, Stone, Day, and McGee to lead the search for a recommendation to fill the vacant Board seat in District 1.
17. Mr. Norville moved, seconded by Mr. McGee, to adjourn the meeting at 9:04 p.m. Motion carried unanimously.