NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, April 22, 2013, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Public Information report.
4. President’s Report:
a. State legislative update
b. TDCJ Commencement – Saturday, April 27th Robert Eason, Speaker
c. TVCC Spring Commencement - May 9 - 6:30 & May 10 - 5:00 & 8:00
d. Next TVCC Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting – June 24
5. Consider minutes of the February 25, 2013 regular Board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for February and March 2013.
7. Consider and discuss proposed revisions to policy CJ(LOCAL), Transportation Management, to allow certain approved contract personnel to drive TVCC vehicles.
8. Consider and discuss addition of policy CDB(REG), a regulation for Surplus Property Disposition in support of existing policy CDB(LEGAL).
9. Consider and discuss accounts receivables policy.
10. Consider and discuss approval for extension of the Cain Center MOU.
11. Consider and discuss Room and Board rates for 2013-2014.
12. Consider and discuss facility issues:
a. Health Science Center
13. Consider and discuss the 2013 ACCT Leadership Congress.
14. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
(1) Tiffany Stritz, Coaching Assistant, Softball
(2) David Raybin, Campus Police Officer
(3) Coy Murphree, Cabinet Making Instructor, TDCJ
b. New Hires:
(1) William Hauck, P/T Student Success Center Assistant
(2) Tara Thompson, Executive Assistant, Vice President of
d. Other personnel issues
(1) Bonuses for special achievements.
15. Consider any necessary action on items discussed in closed session.