Board Agenda for January 28, 2013
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:51:42 PM
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2013, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report.
4. Consider minutes of the November 26, 2012 meeting.
TACC Tuition and Ad Valorem Reports
TVCC Rodeo – February 8 – 9
TACC quarterly meeting February 4
Community College Day February 5
February Board meeting – February 25th
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for November and December 2012.
6. Review college energy conservation efforts.
7. Consider and discuss approval of firm for the 2012-2013 audit.
8. Consider and discuss background check proposal.
9. Consider and discuss any facility issues.
a. Consider and discuss outsourcing custodial services.
10. Consider and discuss interlocal contract with Terrell State Hospital.
11. Consider and discuss request for personnel - Human Resources.
12. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
a. Retirements/Resignations/Reductions in Force
(1) Tiffany Henderson, Maintenance, Palestine
(2) Melissa Harrison, Administrative Assistant, Correctional
(3) Suzanna Parson - P/T Student Success Center Assistant, Athens
(4) Linda McKee – ADN Instructor/Simulation Lab Coordinator,
(5) Trevor Guyton – Coaching Assistant – Football
(6) Sherard Poteete – Assistant Football Coach/Instructor
(7) Joy Richmond – Director of Theatre, Athens
b. New Hires:
(1) Craig Lee – Theatre Professor, Athens
(2) Micah Hill – Coaching Assistant - Football
d. Other personnel issues
13. Discuss and consider the personnel actions discussed in closed session.