NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, November 26, 2012 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report.
a. Adolphus Christmas Parade – December 1st
b. TVCC Christmas Concert – December 2th
c. Christmas Luncheon and Graduation - Thursday, December 13th.
d. Next Board meeting – January 28, 2013
5. Consider minutes of the September 24, 2012 Board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial and investment reports for September and October, 2012.
7. Consider annual audit report presented by Mr. Marlin Smith of Smith, Lambright & Associates, P.C.
8. Review annual and quarterly investment reports.
9. Review and approve investment policy and strategy.
10. Consider and discuss approval of levy amounts.
11. Review Board member completion of required training.
12. Review college groundskeeping service.
13. Consider and discuss approval of extension of groundskeeping services contract with R&P Hunt Brothers.
14. Consider and discuss change in travel reimbursement policy.
15. Consider and discuss approval of the Spring Community and Adult Education Class Schedule.
16. Consider and discuss approval of contract for default prevention/aversion services with EdFinancial Services.
17. Consider and discuss change in conflict of interest policy.
18. Consider and discuss purchase of Delivery Truck for TVCC Transportation Department.
19. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074 to consider certain personnel matters:
20. a. Retirements/Resignations
(1)Willa Smith, Administrative Assistant, Financial Aid, Terrell – Resigned
(2) William Carmines, Director of Adult Education/ESL & EL Civics – Resigned
(3) Joseph Collier, English Professor, Palestine – Resigned
(4) Delbert Spencer, Business Professor, Athens - Retired
b. New Hires:
(1) Kelley Townsend, Director of Dual Credit, Athens
(2) Stephen Guyton, Coaching Assistant, Football
(3) Suzanna Workman, Administrative Assistant, Financial Aid, Terrell
(4)Laura Thornton, Administrative Assistant, Community Services
(5) Bonnie Higgins, Nursing Innovation Grant Project Manager, Kaufman
(6) Samuel Ellis, Welding Professor, TDCJ
(7) Debra Smith, English Professor, Palestine
(1) Christie Hicks, Director of Adult Education/ESL & EL Civics
d. Reductions in Force
(1) Ronald Williams, P/T Campus Security Officer
e. Other personnel or land issues