Board of Trustees Agenda for Aug. 27, 2012
Posted: 8/20/2012 12:35:40 PM
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, August 27, 2012 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Comments from the public.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report.
5. Consider minutes of the July 23, 2012 board meeting and the August 15, 2012 budget workshop meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for July, 2012.
7. Conduct public hearing on proposed tax increase for 2012-13.
8. Conduct public hearing on proposed budget for 2012-13.
9. Consider approval of the fiscal year 2012-13 Budget.
10. Consider and discuss College Facilities.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Auto, Liability, & Property Insurance
Coverage. Memo and attachments will be available at the meeting.
12. Consider approval of AAS degree in Vocational Nursing.
13. Consider approval of policy changes (position title changes).
14. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074
15. a. Retirements/Resignations:
(1) Myrtle Smith, Building Custodian – Retired
(2) Ronald Williams, P/T Campus Security Officer – Resigned
(3) Toni McMillen, English Professor – Resigned
(4) Joshua Cheek, Coaching Assistant/Softball – Resigned
(5) Bobbie Greenhaw, Head Athletic Trainer/Kinesiology
Instructor - Resigned
b. New Hires:
(1) Troy Scott, Head Athletic Trainer/Kinesiology
(2) Khristopher Franklin, Cheerleader Coach/Professor
(3) Hannah Ricks, SFA Specialist – Pell
(4) Michael Harman, Biology Professor
(5) Dusty Baumann, Grant Coordinator
(6) Kevin January, Coaching Assistant/Softball
(7) Lisa MacAllister, Coaching Assistant/Volleyball
(8) Jorge Palacios, Videographer
(9) Lila Ensign, Student Services Specialist
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification/promotions of staff.
(1) Courtney Curran, Director of Student Activities
(2) Charlie Heuber, Executive Director of Student Life/Judicial
(3) Harold Jones, Director of Student Housing/Residential Life
(4) Wendy Mays, Associate VP of Academic Affairs
(5) Renda Garner, Director of Distance Learning
d. Others as necessary.
(1) Discussion of president’s contract for FY12-13