The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, April 23, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m.,
where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Public Information report.
4. President’s Report:
a. Phi Theta Kappa
b. TDCJ Commencement – Saturday, April 28th
c. TVCC Spring Commencement - May 10 - 6:30 & May 11 5:30 & 8:00
d. Quarterly TACC meeting in Austin – April 25
e. Next TVCC Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting – June 25
5. Consider minutes of the March 26, 2012 regular Board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for March 2012.
7. Discussion with Michael Morrison and David Guinn on redistricting.
8. Consider and discuss facility issues.
9. Consider and discuss dual credit subsidy for high schools.
10. Approve Room and Board rates for 2012-2013.
11. Consider and discuss giving the president authority to make major HVAC emergency repairs or purchases from capital funds.
12. Consider and approve depository contracts.
13. Consider and discuss matching a TVCC Foundation Scholarship request.
14. Approve Continuing and Adult Education Summer 2012 Schedule of Classes and associated tuition and fees.
15. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
(1) Michael Landers, Co-Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Assistant Vice President for Student Services
(2) Kenya Landers, Co-Head Women’s Basketball Coach
(3) Charlotte Renk, English/Humanities, Athens
b. New Hires:
(1) Elena Lovato, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
d. Other personnel issues
(1) Reclassification and salary study recommendations.